"A Different Kind of Connector Manufacturer"
SERIES TNC Waterproof - WATERPROOF MINIATURE CONNECTORS
Typical Applications – Mil-Aero, Safety, Radar, Marine, SCADA and Telematics
This miniature sized connector series is similar to a BNC connector but with a threaded coupling mechanism rather than a bayonet fitting giving superior electrical performance at higher frequencies. This series is used with small and medium size cables. The TNC series also accommodates various PCB, flange and bulkhead configurations. They are generally used in applications up to 12 GHz. although ‘Precision’ TNCs are available up to 18 GHz.
TNC Waterproof Connectors and Adaptors are specified to IP68/NEMA 6.
Minimum 10m depth for 4 hours.
MATERIALS/ Plating Options
Bodies & Other Parts: Brass per ASTM B16 or equivalent. Nickel: Per QQ-N-290, Class II, Silver: Per QQ-S-365, Type II, Grade A
Female Contacts: Beryllium Copper per ASTM B196 or equiv. Gold: Per MIL-G-45204, Type II, Grade C, Silver: Per QQ-S-365, Type II, Grade A
Male Contacts: Brass per ASTM B16 or equivalent. Gold: Per MIL-G-45204, Type II, Grade C, Silver: Per QQ-S-365, Type II, Grade A
Insulators (Dielectric): PTFE Fluorocarbon per ASTM D1710 or equivalent.
Gaskets: Silicone Rubber per AA59588 or equivalent.
Force to Engage and Disengage: 2 in-lbs. max. Coupling Proof Torque: 30 in-lbs. min. Coupling Nut Retention Force: 100 lbs. Min. Mating Cycles: 500 min.
- Impedance: 50 Ohms Nominal
- Frequency Range: DC-12 GHz
- Insulation Resistance: 5,000 Megohms min.
- Voltage Rating: 500 VRMS
- Dielectric Withstanding: 1,500 VRMS at sea level
- Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR): 1.07 max.
- Contact Resistance: Outer Contact: 0.2 Milliohms, Center Contact: 1.5 Milliohms
- Waterproofing: Meets IP68 per IEC 60529 / NEMA6, tested to a 10 meter water depth in an unmated condition for a duration of 4 hours.
- Temperature rating: -65°C to +165°C
- Vibration: MIL-STD-202, Method 204
- Shock: MIL-STD-202, Method 213
- Thermal Shock: MIL-STD-202, Method 107
- Corrosion (Salt Spray): MIL-STD-202, Method 101
- Moisture Resistance: MIL-STD-202, Method 106