Signal/High Speed Data Connector which is based on the bayonet lock connector. They feature a low fire hazard thermoplastic insulator, which is removable for repositioning at an alternative orientation. There are 4 styles of multi-pole contact available Co-ax, Twin-ax, Tri-ax & Quadrax.
The unique contact design allows for simple and robust termination to multi-core. The contacts can be mixed within the same insulator to provide many different combinations of wire termination. Connector sealing features a stepped wire sealing grommet, which provides a water tight seal to the cables.
- Standard Materials & Finishes
- Shells: Aluminium alloy, Cadmium free plated, black passivation
- Insulators: Low fire hazard thermo plastic
- Contacts: Copper Alloy, gold plated. Co-ax, Twin-ax, Tri-ax, Quadrax
- Coupling: Three pin Bayonet Lock
- Polarisation: Shell key/keyway in removable insulator
- Contact Type: Crimp, multi-pole signal, Sandwich retention
- Contact Arrangements: 1 to 7 way
- Endurance: Minimum 2000 mating/unmating operations in any connector
- Shock & Vibration: BSEN61373 Cat 1. Class A.
- Contact Retention: Minimum 200N
- Voltage Proof: 500v DC/AC peak
- Contact Resistance: <5m ohms, less than 10 ohms after conditioning
- Dielectric withstanding voltage: Sea level = 500 Vrms between signal contacts and signal contact/body
- Insulation Resistance: at ambient temperature >5000m ohms, at high temperature >1000m ohms
- Note: Suitable for data transmission @ 100 Base-Tx on Cat 5e: Single Quadrax
- Suitable for data transmission @ 1000 Base-T on Cat 5e: 2 x Quadrax
- Temperature Rating: -55°C to +125°C
- Sealing: IP67
- Salt Spray: 500hrs in a sealed connector