Eaton's Molded Case Naval/Marine Circuit Breakers offer overload protection for conductors and short circuit protection for all circuit elements such as conductors, motors, and starters. They also serve as a means for manual disconnect. Designed to meet applicable specifications for "hi-shock," they all have standard commercial type AB De-ion breaker features plus Navy-specific features.
- Qualified to Navy Mil-Spec & QPL, or to Marine Specs - ABS, USCG, IEEE45, Lloyds, DNV or UL489 Naval/Marine.
- Parts are specially treated to resist corrosion. Fungus moisture-resistant treatments for severe atmospheres are available as modifications.
- Shock-resistant molded cases made of reinforced glass-filled thermosetting plastic provide very high mechanical strength (shock and impact resistance), are both fire and moisture-resistant, and provide excellent dielectric characteristics.
- Naval and Marine Circuit Breakers have been vibration tested.
- Both 40°C and 50°C calibrated circuit breakers are available to meet standard or high temperature environments.
- All Navy circuit breakers with electronic trip units are tested for electromagnetic immunity and emissions per MIL-STD-461 and -462 to eliminate interference from radiated or conducted EMI.
- Modular thermal magnetic trip units are easily field installed for on-site customization.
- Plug-in mounting bases provide the ability to replace a circuit breaker quickly without disconnecting any bus or cable joints.